Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quick & Easy Tortilla Pizza



Here's something I figured, obviously having not much food in the fridge as I'd like. =( But I can always make things work and create something yummy for my hubby-dearest. My amazing, hard-working man deserves to come home to good food any day of the year! :) I had some spaghetti sauce with spinach from my soon-to-be mommy-in-law, leftover tortillas and some ground chuck and finally a small block of medium cheddar cheese. So I figured since others are using slices of bread for crust, why not tortillas?! When I make tacos I always stick them in the oven before eating because I love crispy tortillas! I actually eat those by themselves for a snack too! :) Plus I love anything bread-like.

I browned some ground chuck in a skillet. Cook as much as you'd like! Of course I had to use a lot since my hubby is a big meat eater. He loves A LOT of meat on everything! Then I spread the spaghetti sauce on the tortilla leaving about 1/4 inch on the edge for the crust. Then spread a little beef on top of that and then of course the cheese. But do not put on too much cheese because it will become greasy, ewwww. We don't want that now, do we? Then top that with more beef and stick it in a 350-375 degree oven until the cheese melts and the edges brown. If you don't like a very crunchy crust then you can take it out sooner. This is a much cheaper alternative to pizza. And I will be prepared when we start having kids and they have all their little friends over. I will definitely be the smarter mom who saves money on snacks for the kids! :)

Hope some of you try this because it's really delicious and barely takes any time, compared to actually making a full size pizza, yeast and all. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment